If only our computers had an “organize” button! They don’t, yet…so here are a few practical tips!
Here are a few tips I am learning, not only for starting out my week in an organized manner, but keeping it organized.
- I set out my clothes the night before, (but only after checking the weather for the next day.) I know a few people who set out their clothes on Sunday evening for the week ahead but the weather here changes on a whim so 12/24 hours before I know more accurately.
- Plan your meals for the week. If meal prep is not your thing you can even just get meals written on a calendar for the week ahead. Fill in days you will be eating out or eating at a work thing etc.
- Have set times during the day to return emails and phone calls. Your time is precious and having 2 or three set times a day to get back to people will make a better use of your time.
- Choose one area of your home to clean daily. This shouldn’t take more than 10-20 minutes. When broken down it is easier than all in one day.
- Find a time daily to have “you time.” Read, meditate, move, sing, sip tea. This keeps us in balance and moving forward and feeling filled up.
As a coach my success comes from clients successes! It is SUCH a good feeling. I just finished a 6 week program with Maria D. and here is what she had to say!
“Using Dominque’s services as a life coach were very helpful these last 6 weeks. I had an accountability partner that was there when I needed, guiding me through ways to reach my goals. I noticed an increase in self control and discipline throughout the program, setting new habits in place to become a better version of myself. Thank you Coach for your time and caring heart. I appreciate your guidance and support.”
As the new year is only days away I am offering anyone and everyone FREE goal sheets. Beginning Friday these will only be avaiable to my clients so get yours NOW!
They include a weekly goal sheet, a generla goal sheet, and a 6 month goal sheet! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your copy today!
I am so excited for the new year and all that it has to offer!
-Dominique Rondeau MA, Life Coach
A theme with my clients has been finding a how and where to put ones energy and how to commit to finding a way to have self-discipline in tasks and accomplishing goals. Alot of times we know exactly what to do but the road between us and accomplishing the goal seems so long and hard.
It starts with the small tasks. If you want to organize your home or fully schedule your calendar you have to start small. Choose a room or a corner of a room to start in and find a system ie 1)Throw away un-needed items 2) Sort what is needed and can be given away 3) Organize space 4) Maintain clutter free area. Marie Kondo’s book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering/dp/1607747308 is one i HIGHLY recommend.
Organizing a schedule is similar- 1) get a good planner or calendar. If you are a entrepreneur I highly recommend the Freedom Planner http://www.yourfreedomplanner.com/ 2) Then figure out what needs to be scheduled and when. Make some non-negotiables. For me my hour of personal growth in the morning, social time, business time, and family time are MUSTS. Everything else must work around those times. If you own a business treat it like a business and NOT a hobby and it will pay you like a business.
Hope this was helpful!